Well, well, well, so here we are:
- with an election on the 12th of December, and
- with the outcome of the review into HS2 not yet announced, and according to Lord Berkeley (who was appointed Deputy on the review), the report will be locked away till after the election.
So we can only encourage you to get active, asking all local candidates for MP about their views on HS2 and telling them how much of an issue it is for you.
As you have probably noticed we have increasing impacts in the area with trees and vegetation being removed and more obvious construction all around us.
- If you have a complaint about anything to do with HS2 please do contact them and let them know, for instance, they don’t really know how much the closure of Breakspear Road South affected local people and on what scale, so they do need to hear that. It actually helps with planning of future closures etc. and your issues getting taken into account.
- If you couldn’t make the recent HS2 information events here are the event materials they had on display. The boards had mixed reviews as they showed how the route will look for a few viewing points in 2041, and lots of us were hoping for more detail about the construction itself in the next 1,2 5, 10 years. But do have a look and remember you can contact HS2 with any queries or attend their drop-in events.
Some works that have been going on –
- The closure of the golf course at West Ruislip. Please note the pub remains open.
- Test piling in Harefield, as well as archaeological works and the closure of a footpath. Keep up to date here.
- The impact on vegetation; the way the local area looks and feels is changing by the day.
- Oak trees that are hundreds of years old being cut down.
- Land/property being acquired.
And please keep in touch with us, the best way is via our facebook group
You can find dates for the HS2 Community Engagement Team drop-ins here. (Please note these are run by staff and representatives of HS2).
Please do go along and ask them questions and ask for written information about how HS2 will affect you now and in the future.
HS2 Ltd. have a local website which includes works that are happening or due to happen locally; visit their website for more information including dates and locations near you. You can sign up for updates on the site too.
HS2 has a freephone number for enquiries – it is 08081 434 434. Please use this to ask for any information or to check anything at all. If you wish to share any information or any issues you encounter using the enquiry line, please contact us or share on our Facebook group. The best thing you can do is log any issue as an official complaint. If you don’t get a satisfactory response then escalate your complaint. If we don’t officially complain then all issues disappear and we are reported as a successful area.
Use this link to see the latest HS2 updates from Hillingdon Council
Hillingdon Against HS2 are still very much active but our remit has changed.
In order that we we can engage with HS2 Ltd. and their contractors in a productive way, we have decided we will now be representing you by becoming known as HIllingdon HS2 Resident Support Group in conjunction with our work with Hillingdon Council and local Resident Associations. We continue to be an active part of Stop HS2 and the national campaign.
Read our previous news stories here.