Richard Barnes (previously Conservative – Deputy Mayor of London and local Councillor) has announced his defection to UKIP. He cited his main reason for defecting to be to oppose HS2. Other recent political activity has included Boris Johnson being selected as the Uxbridge and South Ruislip Conservative candidate on September 12th – read more here. We have also met with the Labour PPC and hope to meet with Boris soon. We will continue to keep HS2 on everyone’s agenda!
Local HS2 Posts…
- Train fares to rise for ‘improvements’, just after network improvements dropped
- Ex-Transport ministers least popular
- HS2 Disaster – film and petition calling on Grayling to cancel HS2
- HS2 Phase 1 is Clearly Running Over a Year Late, So Still Plenty of Time to Stop HS2.
- Grayling: “We’re spending what it will take” on most expensive railway in the world