Richard Barnes (previously Conservative – Deputy Mayor of London and local Councillor) has announced his defection to UKIP. He cited his main reason for defecting to be to oppose HS2. Other recent political activity has included Boris Johnson being selected as the Uxbridge and South Ruislip Conservative candidate on September 12th – read more here. We have also met with the Labour PPC and hope to meet with Boris soon. We will continue to keep HS2 on everyone’s agenda!
Local HS2 Posts…
- Leadsom calls for review of HS2 Business Case, Labour want independent peer review
- Lord Berkeley says HS2 Ltd has paid off Whistleblowers and is ‘Rampant with fraud’.
- HS2 Debate, Wednesday 10th July
- HS2 Extend Their Cloak of Secrecy, Demanding the Signing of 276 Gagging Orders.
- Commons Library Alters Briefing to Prove £65bn HS2 Cost Estimate Came From Government.