Richard Barnes (previously Conservative – Deputy Mayor of London and local Councillor) has announced his defection to UKIP. He cited his main reason for defecting to be to oppose HS2. Other recent political activity has included Boris Johnson being selected as the Uxbridge and South Ruislip Conservative candidate on September 12th – read more here. We have also met with the Labour PPC and hope to meet with Boris soon. We will continue to keep HS2 on everyone’s agenda!
- Hillingdon Council wins HS2 planning case in Court of Appeal
- Case for HS2 should be revisited despite disappointing court ruling, says Chris Packham
- Court of Appeal agrees to hear HS2 environmental challenge
- HS2 use injunction hearing to silence legitimate protest and hide from public accountability
- 20-27 June: Extinction Rebellion and local communities to walk 125m along HS2 route