Richard Barnes (previously Conservative – Deputy Mayor of London and local Councillor) has announced his defection to UKIP. He cited his main reason for defecting to be to oppose HS2. Other recent political activity has included Boris Johnson being selected as the Uxbridge and South Ruislip Conservative candidate on September 12th – read more here. We have also met with the Labour PPC and hope to meet with Boris soon. We will continue to keep HS2 on everyone’s agenda!
- Activists step up to protect water supplies from HS2
- Stop HS2 react to Chinese offer to build HS2
- HS2 will be Boris’ Big Blunder
- Woodland Trust: HS2 will shoot a poison arrow through the heart of ancient woodland
- “Incomprehensible” that HS2 could be approved before Serious Fraud Office investigation is concluded