Hillingdon Council have put the following on their website:
A cross-party group of London MPs and council leaders, called the London alliance, have today come together to urge the Government to grant “A fair deal for London” on HS2 compensation.
- A fair and tailored compensation package for London, which recognises the true scale of disruption
- Improved engagement with communities by HS2 Ltd to enable the development of a smarter plan for construction management, to minimise disruption and to protect residents from its worst effects
- Adequate replacement housing for those no longer able to live in their homes during the construction phase, as well as adequate mitigation measures for those who remain
- Up front compensation for businesses of all sizes to prevent against loss of trade and property values
- Fair compensation for the loss of community facilities
Whilst in rural areas communities within 300 metres of the line will benefit from additional compensation, no such tailored approach applies in central London, where compensation is only offered to those in ‘safeguarding areas’ – zones which reflect planning process rather than actual impact.
Pledge your support by signing the e-petition to the government asking for fair compensation:
The alliance includes:
- Cllr Sarah Hayward, Leader of Camden Council
- Rt Hon Frank Dobson MP (Holborn and St Pancras)
- Rt Hon Sir John Randall MP (Uxbridge and South Ruislip)
- Hon Nick Hurd MP (Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner)
- Andy Slaughter MP (Hammersmith)
- Stephen Pound MP (Ealing North)
- Angie Bray MP (Ealing Central and Acton)
- Cllr Ray Puddifoot, Leader of Hillingdon Council
- Cllr Julian Bell, Leader of Ealing Council
We can only support these wise words.
Read more here.